Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Georgia's Chicken Run

I signed Avalyn up for Georgia's Chicken Run at Deanna Rose Farmstead.  I thought it would be fun because Ava's Aunt Kate runs a lot of 1/2 marathons.  As the event got closer I didn't really know what to expect and wondered if Ava would really like it.  I even thought about skipping it, because I was worried she'd get tired and start crying, lol.  Well, she shocked me!!!  I didn't realize how competitive my girl was!!  OMG, I was SO PROUD!!  Check it out.




 
 
The event kicked off with the chicken dance and National Anthem.
 


 
The first race was the chicken vs the cow!


Ava's set!


She  took off!


Look at her go!!  Avalyn and another little girl (Lani) were neck and neck the whole race!  The race was 1/8 mile long.

 
Ava placed 2nd!!  She kept saying, "I ran really fast!"  She was so proud of her medal.



The top 6 got trophies.   She was so excited.  She said, "I got a big one!!"


Here's a video of the end of the race and the trophy ceremony
 

This video was taken by the winners family
  

No comments:

Post a Comment