Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Tybee Island

Ok, I got a little lazy, back to the Savannah posts!

One day of our trip we went to Tybee Island. It's about a 20 minute drive from Historic Savannah.

Our first stop was the lighthouse. It was build in 1773 and is one of the most in tact light stations in the US. It was 178 steps to the top and boy was it HOT!



View from the top.





There were 3 inn keeper cottages on the property that we toured.







Across the street was Fort Screven. It was built in 1898 and served as America's coastal defense system until 1945.





Then finally we made it to the beach for the afternoon.






7 comments:

  1. Love these. Especially the photo of the lighthouses. I have a thing for lighthouses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome photos! I love the view from the top!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am enjoying the last days here at the beach! Looks like you did too! Love the Lighthouse!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for giving me a beautiful tour of a place that I have never been too. I found it so interesting. I liked seeing the pictures of you and your friend and the pretty smiles you both had. I could tell you had a great time on this day trip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey rach! i went to tybee island a couple of months ago! looks like you had a blast! hope all is well! give us an update soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to go there. That light house and the houses are so pretty. The beach is lovely too! Looks like you had a great time.

    Hugs,
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey rach! where are you? i am missing your party posts! come over for a visit! i have a post that i think you would like since you like to host get togethers! xo

    ReplyDelete